Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
By Tanya Eavenson
By Tanya Eavenson
· 2 cups of White Lily Self-Rising Flour
· 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled in freezer & sliced into thin slices
· ½ tablespoon of sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ¾ cup cold milk
· large bowl
· pastry cutter or knife
· cookie cutters
· baking sheet
· non-stick parchment paper
· Place unsalted butter in freezer.
· Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
· Line baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
· Whisk flour, salt, & sugar together in a large bowl.
· Add sliced butter into the flour mixture & blend together with a pastry cutter until mixture crumbles.
· Make a crater in the center of the flour mixture & add in ¾ cup of milk.
· Fold flour over milk until it becomes slightly sticky to the touch, but don’t stir or over work the dough.
· Add flour to work surface & then add the dough.
· Flatten with palm into a rectangle, folding the dough like a tri-fold brochure. Repeat this step 2-3 times.
· Palm dough on a floured surface about ¾ inch thick and cut out biscuits with cookie cutters. Place on lined baking sheet.
· Bake 10-15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
He will fight for her at any cost...
Elizabeth Roberts can't remember her past, and the present is too painful. She turns to nightclubs and drinking to forget her infant daughter's death, her husband's affair.
When his wife's coma wiped out the memory of their marriage, Chris Roberts found comfort elsewhere. He can't erase his betrayal, but with God's help he’s determined to fight for Elizabeth at any cost.
She wants to forget. He wants to save his marriage. Can they trust God with their future and find a love that’s unconditional?
Tanya Eavenson enjoys spending time with her husband, and their three children. Her favorite pastime is grabbing a cup of coffee, eating chocolate, and reading a good book. Tanya is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Word Weavers International, and writes for Christ to the World Ministries. Her books are available on Amazon and other retailers. You can find her at http://www.tanyaeavenson.com/ or on Facebook.