WILD CARD FRIDAY 24 JULY 2015

WILD CARD FRIDAY 24 JULY 2015

Welcome to July's Wild Card Friday. On the fourth (and fifth) Fridays of every month I've invited one of my writer friends to share something fun and then tell you a bit about their work. This week Julie Arduini brings us an interview with the characters from her book, ENTRUSTED. 

Take it away Julie!




Where Entrusted Meets Entangled
Interview Between Entrusted’s Jenna Anderson and Entangled’s Carla Rowling

Note from Julie Arduini:
Jenna and Carla meet in my first Adirondack romance, Entrusted, and become fast friends. I’m revising Entangled and Carla is the heroine. I thought it would be fun to share an interview between the two. You can receive updates on these books and have my novella, Match Made in Heaven and installments of the sequel, Crumbs and Embers, by subscribing to my newsletter. Complete the form in the left sidebar of http://juliearduini.com and watch for activation.

JENNA:
Carla, I’m curious. We met under interesting circumstances. What was your first impression of me?

CARLA:
Let’s see. You arrive in Speculator Falls by crashing into one of the village flower boxes and I was the sheriff that had to write up the report. Honestly, I thought you were a tourist. When I heard your name, I knew you were the new girl in town. I wasn’t sure you were going to make it. But you’ve done fantastic and everyone loves you.

JENNA:
Speaking of new, you are venturing into new territory. You have a career change. What’s going on?

CARLA:
You know I enjoy doing hair for family and friends. Always simple things because I didn’t have the training. I have the opportunity to go to school and become a stylist. It’s a huge leap of faith but I’m very excited.

JENNA:
What’s the hardest thing about the transition?



CARLA:
Leaving my son, Noah. My boyfriend Will promised to help me take care of him and Noah’s father is back in the picture.  Even with these two men helping, I feel guilty for being away from Noah during the week.

JENNA:
Will’s a great guy, very reliable. Noah’s dad is someone I don’t know well. Would you mind telling us about him?

CARLA:
Wayne Peterson is a paramedic, transferred to Hamilton County to start a relationship with Noah. That’s a good thing. Wayne and I were high school sweethearts that made a mistake. He bolted as soon as I told him I was pregnant. It’s not easy having him in our lives after so many years of being absent.

JENNA:
I know Noah from the grocery store, JB’s, but I’d love for you to tell us about your son.

CARLA:
My everything. He’s thirteen and scaring me by how fast he’s growing. He talks about dances. Girls. Things I’m not ready for. I’m afraid he’ll get in trouble and I’d love to keep him home away from temptations. Forever.

JENNA:
It has to be hard to have faith and not worry when you’re a parent.

CARLA:
I’m learning that I am not even close to where I need to be when it comes to faith. I tend to bulldoze through my choices and act on my worries and thoughts, leaving prayer and faith behind.

JENNA:
Do you believe in happy endings?

CARLA:
Yes. Do you want to know why?

JENNA:
Tell me.

CARLA:
Because I watched you trust God. If my life turns out half as nice as yours, I’ll be blessed.



Julie Arduini loves to encourage readers to find freedom in Christ through surrender. She’s the author of the Amazon bestseller, Entrusted and co-author of The Love Boat Bachelor and Unlikely Merger. She also shared her story in the Amazon bestseller infertility devotional, A Walk in the Valley. She’s the fiction contributing editor for the digital magazine, Imaginate, and blogs every other Wednesday for Christians Read. She resides in Ohio with her husband and two children. Learn more by visiting her at http://juliearduini.com.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/JulieArduini
Twitter: http://twitter.com/JulieArduini
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JulieArduini/posts
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/JulieArduini
Instagram: http://instagram.com/JulieArduini
Goodreads: http://goodreads.com/JulieArduini
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Julie-Arduini/e/B00PBKDRSQ/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1427852247&sr=8-1

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful interview and great idea :-) Thanks for a great post to both Sharon and Julie!

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie and Sharon, I loved the interview! What a clever idea!

    I knew someone out that had written a book with the Adirondacks as setting, but I could not remember who. Now that I have found you again, i will definitely put you on my TBR list. I'm headed to the Adirondacks next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti,
      Thank you! I think you will enjoy Entrusted. The people in Speculator were so kind and found it authentic. Those not in the Adirondacks want to visit there. I'm jealous you're going, I love it there so much!

      Delete
    2. Patti,
      Thank you! I think you will enjoy Entrusted. The people in Speculator were so kind and found it authentic. Those not in the Adirondacks want to visit there. I'm jealous you're going, I love it there so much!

      Delete