GETTING TO KNOW YOU FRIDAY 5 JUNE 2015

GETTING TO KNOW YOU FRIDAY JUNE 2015 

Welcome to June and getting to know you Friday. On the first Friday of each month I want us to take the time to get to know each other a little better. I'll post something you might not know about me and ask you to share.

THE END OF AN ERA

AVON


 
Can you find me in this picture? No...

Probably because I'm not in that picture, but I could have been, because for the last twenty-five years I've been an AVON representative. (Or the Ding Dong Lady as some of the husbands called me.)

You know, six years ago I had my life all planned out. I'd complete my time at my government job, retire at the age of sixty-five, and open a little AVON store. I'd use my earnings to supplement my retirement, all would be happy and calm in my little corner of the world.

That was my plan. 

It was a great plan. 

It wasn't God's plan!

So after twenty-five years and WAY  sooner than I expected, I retired from my AVON business last month.  I'm having a bit of an issue adjusting to the extra time. I'm having to retrain my mind NOT to think about delivery and order schedules. But the good news is I'm already using some of the extra time to write.

Writing...

That seems to be God's plan for my future. It's a good thing I'm good with that.

So here is my question for you. Have you ever spent a lot of time working toward something, only to have God redirect you. Please share with us if you're comfortable doing so.
 

4 comments:

  1. During my second year of my general nursing training I was very strongly convicted about becoming a missionary nurse. Although I had given my life to Christ when a child, this was all part of my complete surrender to being and doing whatever God wanted of me. This conviction lead me to Bible College where God had planned for me to meet a student in his final year. The result was being a minister's wife and of course, with Ray's insight and amazing support, this also ultimately made it possible to have this writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, that is interesting. I have always said I was going to be a missionary nurse. When I was about 10, I saw a movie about missionary nurses at a missions conference at my church. I did go to nursing school with that goal in mind. Well, life took me in a different direction. I am not a missionary, but I am a nurse and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, that is interesting. I have always said I was going to be a missionary nurse. When I was about 10, I saw a movie about missionary nurses at a missions conference at my church. I did go to nursing school with that goal in mind. Well, life took me in a different direction. I am not a missionary, but I am a nurse and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, I know you'll succeed, because this is God's plan for your life. He has blessed you with amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete