GETTING TO KNOW YOU FRIDAY 1 May 2015

GETTING TO KNOW YOU FRIDAY May 2015

Welcome to May and getting to know you Friday. On the first Friday of each month I want us to take the time to get to know each other a little better. I'll post something you might not know about me and ask you to share.

video

 Let's talk pets this week. The video above is our one year old Lab puppy Jasmine. Have you ever seen a dog try to catch her treat in her hands?  Now you have? She chases laser dots too. All...over...the...yard.

I've had a lot of pets over the years. I wish I had pictures of all of them to share with you. But I'm probably going to surprise you with my pick for favorite animal friend.


These are iguanas. This picture was taken in Cozumel a few years ago. The island is covered in these docile reptiles and if you have a piece of fruit in your hand they are more than willing to make friends. They don't have teeth, but you don't want to get to close to that whip like tail.


About eighteen years ago I raised an iguana from a six inch baby to a whooping five feet from nose to tail. That's nearly as long as I am tall.

I had Cocoa for about six years and she had quite a personality. I took her to ball games on a leash, she sat in my lap while I read, and she LOVED nectarines. 

Donating her to a wildlife preserve was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but she eventually outgrew the space I had for her.

So, share...Are you a cat, dog, or other type person. What's been your favorite over the years and what made them special?

 

2 comments:

  1. I have a Siamese cat who seems to think that she is a dog. She does not come to kitty kitty, if you want her attention you snap you fingers and she comes running. She will not let you pet her until she has sniffed your hand. She has her own room, when she get scared she will run into her room and hide. She also likes to hide between my covers during the day.
    One day she hide under my covers and I spent a hour looking frantically for her, I thought she had gotten out of the house, she was hiding under the covers. That was the first time that I realized that she liked to hide. She is also a very good mouser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to like cats more than dogs. However, my favorite pet was a stray dog that my brother rescued my freshman year in college. He was part chow and part "mutt". :) He was such a great dog. He would wait at the end of the driveway when he heard is returning home. The second we pulled in, he would take off running a lap around the yard and chase iff any living creature that was in the property (birds, squirrels, rabbits...) then run in the garage and back out to make sure it was safe for us to enter. Hehe.
    I don't currently have any pets, but we are considering getting some kind of reptile for our boys.

    ReplyDelete