THIRD FRIDAY WRITING NEWS 21 Nov 2014

Welcome to November's issue of third Friday writing news. On the third Friday of every month I'll share any writing updates I have. I'll try to let you know where we are on the next novel and I might have some special tidbit of personal news to share. (Hint--read to the bottom because this is one of those weeks.)

So, what's happening in my little corner of the writing world? THE WOMEN OF VALLEY VIEW: SAMANTHA galleys.

They look like this:

This is the most tedious part of the editing process and the part they give you the least amount of time to complete. If you'll look at the screen shot above, you'll see that each line of each page is numbered. My job? To make sure that none of the words got deleted, all the punctuation is there, and everything that should be capitalized is.  Most of what I'm finding are missing quotes and commas. If I find an error I make a list of notes like this...

Page 6, line 10, there should be a period after the word stuffy.

So, I'm reading, page by page, line by tedious line. This is the last time I'll see the story before you do, so I want it to be as perfect as I can make it. I have 10 days to finish. With 4 days left, I'm about a quarter of the way through my second pass. Thank God a fellow writer and someone at the publisher is looking at it as well!


The October issue of my newsletter is available. Author Julie Lessman is my guest. She's giving away a copy of her new release SURPRISED BY LOVE. if you haven't subscribed to this quarterly publication, I'd love it if you did. You can do that HERE

Oh yeah, there are more prizes up for grabs than Julie's book.
If you'd like to check out the current issue, click HERE

A couple of months ago I shared this picture with you:
My grandson Derrick and his wife Kyia awaiting the arrival of their daughter. This week we welcomed Miss Brinkley Marie into the world.


I might be just a little prejudiced, but I think she's PERFECT!

That's it for this week. While you're here, don't forget to click over to the Author Spotlight page for and interview with Bonnie Leon and a giveaway of her newest release, THE JOURNEY OF ELEVEN MOONS.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sharon :) and blessings to the family ! ! Perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Miss Sharon! Little Brinkley is going to be a perfect fit in your family.

    ReplyDelete