MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL


Today was my final day at work for the year. With Christmas just four days away, and  ice and frigid temperatures on our immediate horizon, I took a couple of hours tonight to lay in the supplies I need for my marathon Christmas baking. And when I say marathon, I do mean marathon. The picture above is from last year's baking spree. and there are several things missing from the shot.

Christmas for us is fifty (or more) friends and family members gathered in the church fellowship hall. We out grew everyone's house about four years ago.

Dinner is chili, soup, and deli sandwiches. I'm in charge of the before dinner snacks and desserts. This year my baking list includes:
Two dozen cinnamon rolls
A pumpkin pie
A pecan pie
A chocolate pie
A coconut pie
Brownies
chocolate chip cookies
oatmeal-pecan cookies
Cherry chocolate cookies
A chocolate pudding cake desert thing
An Oreo Cake
4 kinds of fudge /candy

I'll need to go back to my day job to recover!

I want to take this time to wish you and yours a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year. Take care if you're traveling. Stay warm, and don't eat too much!

What are you doing in these final days before Christmas?


3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Sharon! Today I finished wrapping presents. Tomorrow I intend to start baking. From reading the list of everything you are going to prepare, I wish I was headed your way or you were in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I'm sure will kitchen will be a fragrant as mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Sharon! Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family.
    Blessings
    Diana

    ReplyDelete