AN UNEXPECTED GIFT Part 2

 ***If you're reading this post and you didn't read part one of my story, last week, you might be a little lost. Please go back and take a look at last week's post.***

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalm 37:4

The desires of my heart? To enjoy God's creation. To share that enjoyment with someone I loved. To make memories that would last a lifetime.

God allowed me to do that and so much more. Let's take a look at the last five years of my journey. 

The spring of 2009 found me on another cruise with my grandson Chase. We went to Haiti, Jamaica, The Grand Caymans, and Cozumel. Some of my best memories of these trips are just the personality traits you discover once you separate one child from the sibling bickering. What did I discover about Chase? A protective streak a mile wide. He made sure to hold my hand as we made our way up the falls in Jamaica. "Here grandma, let me help you. Put your foot right there. Careful here, it's deeper than it looks. Hold my hand and I'll pull you up." Such a sweetheart! Here's a fun fact. This is the spring I started writing. I took my computer on the ship and had great plans for working on Callie's story. I don't think I ever opened the file.

 In 2010 I had to take a year off to allow the next batch of grandkids to reach the vacation age of 12. I'd been to the Island of Cozumel 4 times, but never for more than a few hours at a whack. That year a girlfriend and I took a week and spent some quality time in Cozumel. Yep, took a note book with Terri's story in it, never wrote a word. I gave up on writing vacations after that and dedicated myself to having fun. We loved the island so much that...

We returned for another week in the spring of 2011. I brought my grandson, Brian and Wendy brought her son Patrick.That week formed a bond between these two boys that still continues strong two years later. Wendy and I are planning more trips together in the future.

Our trip for 2012 was my dream. ORLANDO!! I'd wanted to visit Disney World since my girls were small and the plans just never came together. They came together in 2012. Hailey and I had a wonderful time. We did Disney, Epcot, and Sea World. We rode rides, fed dolphins, raced through the rain, walked our feet off, got spun, twisted, turned upside down and inside out. At the end of the week, three words summed it up. WHAT A RIDE!!

Two weeks ago my youngest granddaughter Abigail and I boarded the Carnival Sensation, bound for the Bahamas, for the last leg of my nine year journey. Four days on the ship followed with two days at Disney. Abby gave the cruise nine out of ten points. She gave The Magic kingdom a ten. As we climbed of the final roller coaster on Saturday night and limped to the exit gate of the Disney's Hollywood Park, she looked at me with a smile. "That was a 20, Grandma."  A 20? What more can a grandma ask for?

***While you're here, Please take a few minutes to visit the tabs at the top of the page. Terri has an interview with Delia Latham.  Delia is here to talk about LEXI"S HEART.  Be sure to answer the question at the end of the interview. Delia will be giving away a copy of her book at the end of the week. Karla welcomes Cynthia Hickey and Linda Goodnight to her page for a sneak peak at their upcoming releases. Callie has a devotion prepared for us by Cheri SwallwellPam has a recipe for Strawberry cheese cake cobbler.***  



No comments:

Post a Comment