WORN SLICK


WORN SLICK:

I heard that term some time ago at one of our writer's meetings. I thought it sounded pretty self explanatory, but it invoked visions of saddles on horses and chaps on the legs of hunky cowboys.

I never knew it could apply to a person...as in TIRED.  So tired my tired is tired. Worn out, worn down, can't keep my eyes open, dead tired.

Why?

Full time job.

Part time job.

Coordinating a category in the American Christian Fiction Writer's Genesis contest.

Three weeks of blog tour stops.

Newly received edits on book 3.

Social media to promote books 1 and 2.

You want the really bad news?  All of this is accomplished sitting at a computer, staring at a screen. I think my eyes might fall out.

So, I didn't write an article for this page this week. I promise to do better next week.

In the meantime, if you've ever wondered how my writing journey started I'd love to invite you over to view the Bookfun magazine at 

http://www.bookfunmagazine.com/i/126559

It's an online magazine for Christian readers. I have a two page article and a full page ad for the series starting on page 127. It's worth the trip just to see the beautiful ad. 

But for me, I'm picking my up eyeballs and going to bed. I hope to sleep til noon!

***While you're here, Please take a few minutes to visit the tabs at the top of the page. Terri has an interview with Linda GlazLinda is here to talk about her two novels, WITH EYES OF LOVE and ALWAYS ABBY.  Be sure to answer the question at the end of the interview. Linda will be giving away a copy of each book at the end of the week. Karla welcomes Martha Rogers and Chana Keefer to her page for a sneak peak at their upcoming releases. Callie has a special devotion prepared for us by Penny McGinnisPam has a recipe for a berry cobbler with only three ingredients.*** 

2 comments:

  1. Did you rest well last night, Sharon? I don't know how you keep up with everything. Wishing you a Son-kissed, relaxing weekend, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora, I did. Didn't get out of bed until 9. The grass needs to be mowed, a job I hoard for myself because I enjoy it, but I've made the command decision that it can wait a week. Other than 2-3 work on the AVON, I'm vegging today.

    Thanks for asking, and I know you said a prayer too, so thanks for that as well.

    ReplyDelete