Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mr. and Mrs Robison

This week has been a whirlwind of wedding activity. My 22 year old grandson married the girl he tried, and failed, to hold hand with in the 6th grade. the love of his life who said "I'm not marrying him." But God had a plan. I'm so glad He always does. So in the spirit of good grandmothership, I feel duty bound to dedicate this week's blog to the new MR. AND MRS. ROBISON..

This is Derrick when he was just a little guy.  I couldn't resist posting this picture. Wasn't he just two yesterday?
They grow up, fall in love, and get engaged way to quickly. We love Kyia like she was our own.
Kyia had plenty of help getting ready for the big day.
and when all was said and done, she was a beautiful bride.

Kyia and her attendants:
Derrick and his groomsmen:
Derrick and I. How handsome he is. Like I said, wasn't he two just yesterday?
Time for the wedding.
The happy newlyweds
And thus begins their life together...
Wedded bliss??  Nuff said


***I hope you enjoyed your visit and a look at my grandson’s wedding. The wed ding was the last piece of six weeks of vacation, camp-out wedding frenzy. Next week we will be back to our regular visit to Garfield and the characters that populate it. In the meantime please take a few minutes to check out the page tabs to the right. Terri has an author interview on her page. Stop by for a visit with Dani Pettrey and check out her debut novel SUBMERGED. Leave a comment on any page for a chance to win a copy of her book. Karla has two upcoming releases for you. Paula Mowrey’s The Blessing Seer and Linda Rondeau’s America II The Reformation. Pam has a whole list of recipes for you and Callie posted a new devotion. Check it all out!***

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thanks for stopping by, but what are you doing still up at almost 2AM?

      Delete
  2. I just love seeing people get married. :) Must be why I write about it! LOL My heartfelt congrats to your grandson and his beautiful wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, they are off on their honeymoon trip. I'm happy for them and proud of them, but so ready for life to get back to a normal routine.

      Delete
  3. Funny, I didn't see a photo of Derrick's beautiful mom. Nor mention of what a wonderful job she did raising him... Just an observation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is my blog. You got your page time at Mother's day.

      Delete
  4. 28 years ago today I married my husband who has taken me on unexpected ride. While I thought I was marrying my cowboy/ farmer lover who wore the required WRANGLERS, it didn't end there. Not even being Christians, we did come to know the Lord, surrendered to the ministry as a pastor, loved 5 children, and now travel whatever country to share the love of Christ. All because 28 years ago I ordered LAMB FRIES and not knowing who I was replied..a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody, thanks for visiting and sharing your story. I Hope you'll visit again!

      Delete